Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Party planning

I had a great weekend! Lots of fun, family time. I played my last softball game of the season this past saturday. I always love getting out on the field and getting dirty. My need to get dirty got me in a bit of trouble this time. Apparently, my slide into second base produced an ugly strawberry on my leg, that later got infected. I'm now on antibiotic for my aggressive base running. Oh well! LOL!

I have received lots of great comments on my website and blog. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and sweet words! I am having a lot of fun planning shoots, scouting locations, and buying props.

My daughter is having her 8th birthday in October. She is a big American Girl, Kit Kittredge fan. She likes Kit because she thinks she looks like her, and because she is also an aspiring writer. So cute! Anyway, I bought her a Kit oufit from the American Girls website and it was delivered this week. Today we had a special photo shoot with her in her new outfit. The plan was to get a great picture to use for the party invitations. I think I got some good ones. She is so excited!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Melissa, she looks adorable!

Windy Smith said...

Peyton is such a pretty girl! and the 3rd picture down is my Favorite!

Heather Kate said...

Wow, wow, and WOW! Your photo blog is amazing. I love your work! You are so very talented, and I'm SO PROUD of you!! People are going to pay big bucks for your stuff!

Bill used to have all sorts of medium- and large-format cameras, which he sold in the last couple of years. He also used to use a high-dollar light kit to photograph his stuff for ebay. Now he builds props for our friend that's a photographer in town. Just last week he made an old picket fence. Too bad we're so far away!

Anyway, your photos and your websites are awesome.

Melissa said...

Thanks Ladies!

The Shinnicks said...

congratulations, melissa! this is so exciting! your work is beautiful, too. good luck!