Sunday, August 24, 2008

Close call

I turn 30 next month, and today I saw my very first tornado. At first it was just a little pencil lead shape in the clouds. I really didn't think much of it. It seemed quite harmless. Then, within about 10 minutes of watching, it slowly made its way down. We all watched in amazement as it picked up speed and strength. What an incredible force!


I took a few pictures of the scene. My kids were a little scared at first, but soon got really in to the progression of it. It was about 4-5 miles from our house, so we weren't in too much danger. Luckily, it didn't cause much damage because it just touched down in open space.


4 comments:

Caci said...

your pics of the tornado are really good!

Freda Tapp said...

Melissa, these photographs are exquisite and worthy of a competition award.

What wonderful timing both for you and the tornado, all compliments of the Lord!

Michelle said...

Wow...these are really cool. I don't know if I would have been standing outside to watch in all unfold though. Call me a chicken, but I think I would have been in the basement.

Amanda said...

really neat!